Moving Tips for Relocating Families…
Let’s face it, moving day is no picnic. Our experience has taught us organization is the key to making your relocation to Woodstock as smooth as possible. By using these helpful tips your move will be so much more organized and less stressful. If we can be of assistance, contact us .
- Host a garage or yard sale to get rid of outgrown or unused items. If time prevents you holding a yard sale, consider donating the items to a charitable organization like the Salvation Army or the Goodwill Foundation.
- Use sturdy, reinforced boxes, and if packing fragile items, pack them with care.
- Consider using bubble wrap or other packing material for extra cushion and security.
- If you secure free boxes at your neighborhood supermarket or liquor store, just remember they are not reinforced.
- Mark fragile boxes so movers can identify them quickly and easily. Be sure you point out to your mover those boxes that content high-value items and secure extra insurance for those items.
- Pack dishes, bowls, plates and other glass objects vertically, rather than flat and stacked.
- Pack heavier items in smaller boxes.
Don’t forget to label your boxes, especially any box that contains items that are needed immediately such as sheets and towels. You’ll need those items first when you move in. Here are more great moving tips.