Spring is the air….blooming trees, tulips popping up, runny noses from the pollen….and buyers are looking for homes. The Atlanta spring real estate market is is full swing. Sellers are busy getting ready for showings. Buyers are out house hunting.
If you are thinking about selling your home….act now! Here are three timely tips:
- Be ready for the short notice showing – do a quick pick up before going to bed then you have it done.
- First impressions – have a nice potted blooming azalea near the front door to welcome everyone.
- Work with your agent, this is a partnership where both parties have the same goal – selling the house.
If you are a buyer, interest rates are still low and home prices may have bottomed out. Here are three suggestions to help you purchase that new home.
- Apply for your loan, not just talk with a loan officer. An approval letter lets the seller know you are serious about purchasing.
- When you look at homes – look at the floor plan, note the construction, can you see yourself living there? Houses can be painted and things changed. Most homes being sold do not look like the pretty pictures in a magazine or a model home. Be real and understand you may need to compromise on the features of home.
- Have your agent prepare a comparable market analysis of the home you want to purchase. This allows you and your agent to explain to the seller why you are offering “X” dollars.
Now that you have some tips, here are some facts about our local housing market since February 1, 2012:
- In Woodstock, 102 homes have gone under contract*
- In East Cobb, 179 homes are pending sales*
- In Milton, Alpharetta, Roswell West of GA 400, 112 homes are waiting to close*
- 393 Buyers have had offers accepted on homes and are waiting to move.
*Information from First Multiple Listing Service, homes with pending sale status from Feb. 1, 2012 to March 11, 2012. This information is subject to change.