Fall is a great time to purchase any home….resale or new construction. When purchasing new construction, it is equally important to have a REALTOR representing you and your interest as when purchasing a resale home. In new construction communities, the onsite agents represent the seller. Their job is to make the sale and close the contract. Onsite agents are always glad to answer your questions and ensure the house is completed per the contract; however they are not there to resolve problems in your favor.
Having sold hundreds of new construction homes while representing our buyers, we know what to watch for and understand the terms of their contracts. As always, we try to go the extra mile for our clients and become your partner in new construction. We will
- discuss floor plans to determine what fits your lifestyle
- walk lots to discuss pros and cons and to know orientation and surroundings
- attend design meetings to assist you to create the home you want
- attend builder meetings to understand the time line and what the builder will do
- arrange for home inspections during construction
- attend orientation and final walk thru to assure the house you have is what you expected
Throughout the building process we walk the house to check on construction, talk with the builder for updates and time lines, work with the lender (if applicable) so financing is in place for closing, and handle the details of closing with the closing attorney.
As we provide these services for you, as in all buyer representation, the seller is paying the commission for our services. If you would like to know more about purchasing a new home, we are always glad to share our expertise and experience. Contact us today to learn which communities might work for you.