Want to make a few new friends? Like to find a group to do activities with? Need something to do now you are retired? Visit the William G. Long Senior Center just East of downtown Woodstock at 223 Arnold Mill Road. The Senior Center is busy daily with numerous activities including arts and crafts, wood carving, painting, dancing, billiards, mahjongg, and more. The center is open Monday through Friday with activities starting at 9am til 4 pm. On Wednesday lunch is served however you do need to sign up first. In addition to activities the Senior Center sponsors trips to numerous local events and sites.
The February trips include
- Metropolitan Opera Auditions at Spivey Hall
- Shopping and Lunch at IKEA
- “Dracula” presented by the Atlanta Ballet
- World of Coke
- Lunch at Ruth’s’ Chris Steakhouse
- “Once Upon a Mattress” presented by Elm Street Theatre
Other activities include AARP Tax Preparation starting February through April. There will be a Valentine Day Reception on February 14.